Monday, 17 November 2008

Blurry

What a week it has been!

Besides the fact that the world is still in economic turmoil, and the stupid people are going crazy over the first black guy to be in charge of their uneducated asses, Africa is swiftly approaching a second "African World War" (the first one being the second Congolese Civil War 1998-2003).

Closer to home, I watched as two of my former professors argued on tv (presumably unaware they were being filmed) about national politics, and one of them (now a spokesman of defense policies for one of the major political parties) accidentally aired out the party dirty laundry by claiming that his party leader lacked all vision and ideas. Auch! But VERY entertaining for me.

I nearly killed someone on the hockey pitch on wednesday, when I smashed the ball right into the back of some poor girl's neck (granted, the silly cow had no business standing in the goal as the exercise was to finish on goal by hitting the ball high and as hard as humanly possible), but I still felt kind of bad when they had to call an ambulance for her.

On friday I found out I didn't get a job interview I'd heard I was a shoe-in for, because someone who has a senior position there had been lobbying her butt off for me, so that was kind of a buzzkill. But a weekend of hardcore sports and debauchery soon erased that little scratch on my giant ego, and I subsequently threw down like it was 1999 (when I was eighteen and my body could still handle such devious behaviour).

So that's, in a nutshell, why things have been a leetle quiet around here, apologies...

No comments: