Friday, 9 January 2009

Ass




Since the show has not been aired in the Netherlands, I didn't get got hooked on Dexter until very recently. With the first season now under my belt, I can honestly say it is a worthy addition to my personal drama/comedy series hall of fame.

In case you were wondering, the following are already in there (in no particular order):

  • Six Feet Under
  • The West Wing
  • Californication
  • The Office (both UK and US versions)
  • Rome
  • This Life (BBC, very old)
  • Cold Feet (BBC)
  • M*A*S*H

Honourable mentions for "Gavin and Stacey" and "House M.D.". I'm aware that there are a few great shows out there that I might like just as much (I personally have high expectations for "Mad Men" and "The Wire") but with my limited Dutch tv access I probably won't see any of them until 2010.

But we were talking about Dexter. The one character that really annoys me on that show is Sergeant Doakes, and not just because he is always on the lovely Dexter's case. It's the way he talks, it reminds me of something...

No comments: