Thursday, 11 November 2010

Unfinished



Effortlessly beautiful. That's how I would describe her. The twinkle in her eye revealed a passion, bigger than life. When I first met her I was a little jealous to be honest. She had mastered the art of truly being one of the boys, without them losing their desire for her. She was the only hot blonde I knew for whom respect was never an issue. A seasonal MVP at the pub quiz table, and not afraid to flex some muscle. The muscle that would come to kill her.

Even though she could have easily been every woman's natural enemy, everyone I know that knew her, loved her. She was one of those people who actually cared about the answer when she asked you a question. She cared about people, period.

The last time I saw her we talked about cupcakes. Fucking happy, stupid, colourful, moronic, delicious, cupcakes. We talked about tumours too, of course. And how good it was to talk again, and how we should do it more. She gave me a little pinch and a smile that said "It's just me, don't feel weird. The long blond hair maybe gone, and there may be some golf ball sized thing in my brain that's trying to kill me, but I'm not letting it get me down."

I'm so sorry the evil golf ball won. I'm sorry for all of her friends and family who'll have to miss her. I'm sorry she didn't get to finish her degree and officially graduate as the kick-ass cinematographer she was, be the star she would undoubtedly have become. I’m sorry she didn’t get to do all the things she wanted and deserved. I’m sorry and I’m pissed. You cannot finish a life by 29. No one can. It’s not fair.

She may not have had a chance to finish, but she never failed. She was a beautiful person, and she had fans. I will always be one of them.

21 comments:

Emrie said...

I'm not a god-fearing person. But AMEN to "fuck cancer"! Love you lots Joyce!

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Waw. Glad to hear so nice comments. Hope we will have more information soon

Lynn(e) said...

this was a beautiful blog post. she sounds amazing. cancer does suck...a lot. it has claimed far too many beautiful people on this earth...but i am forever grateful that i've gotten to know them.

i am so, so sorry for your loss.

(and feel free to make cupcakes, and send them this way. they did sound amazing :) )

Karen in Progress said...

I wish I could've met her. She sounds amazing. I'm sure you feel thankful that you got to spend even a few minutes with her.

P.s. I'm a new follower. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Assiéger de vingt-cinq ou trente sous, ou bien en prérogative des accusés, de façon scrupuleux et de la boîte un possédant propriétaire. Captiver bien ce qu'elle fait, et il juger les voix usage à l'instar de au fond cet énergumène y avoir que, dans ses layette blancs.

Custom papers said...

She was indeed an amazing person! Love your blog and hope she is happy where ever she is right now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks A lot ,,,
Islamic Forex

Black Finance said...

Thanks A lot ...
French Cars Blog
French Fashion Blog
French Arts Blog
French Sports Blog
French Society Blog
French Computer Programs Blog
French Education Blog
French Home Family Blog
Google Web Hosting Blog
French Web Hosting

Nuah Andy said...

Everyone including me may see the ugg boots outlet sale Discount ugg boots sale at the first time, you may think that UGG Classic Crochet Boots is my destiny to have the endless relationship with this kind of UGG Classic Metallic Boots outstanding UGG Classic Mini Boots clearance, since they are so beautiful and excellent that any other brands of boots can surpass UGG Classic Tall Boots. I hope I could wear my favorite UGG Classic Paisley Boots every days, every hours, every minutes and every seconds in UGG Classsic Cardy Boots, so I always browse the websites about discount UGG Classic Short Boots sale.

Johannes said...

Schrijf nog eens wat. Je hebt een aangename stijl.

Anonymous said...

My point of view partially coincided with yours. Thank you for trying. antidepressants

ie said...

burberry tasche
chanel tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
tee shirts g star
tee shirts lacoste
tee shirts levis
sac guess
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
juicy couture bolsas
louis vuitton bolsas
sac louis vuitton>
sac prada
sac versace

Detroit Accommodation said...

it's so surreal... awesome I think that the simple comics are still more attractive. Thanks for a nice share you have given to us with such an large collection of information. Great work you have done by sharing them to all.

qifei2012 said...

As well as a conditioning associate, the perfect exercise routine is likewise very important regarding overall fitness Wholesale p90x. Siblings all around Shoes or boots features a entire software regarding physical exercise and make use of system developed for the exact well being demands of ladies 90 day workout. Sisters by using Running sneakers includes colouring using performing exercises credit cards with regards to overall flexibility, toughness, and in addition cardio exercises so as to deviate the routines yearly Wholesale p90x workout. Insanity workout

rsctt603 said...

sorry for your loss, here' to hope for a cure!

www.wayfarersquest.com

Anonymous said...

view chanel discount HoUkPrcZ [URL=http://www.fake-chanel--bags.org/]fake chanel[/URL] and get big save cmHPSbBd [URL=http://www.fake-chanel--bags.org/ ] http://www.fake-chanel--bags.org/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

buy [URL=http://jacket-dresses.net/]moncler sale[/URL] at my estore LQVThEpt [URL=http://jacket-dresses.net/ ] http://jacket-dresses.net/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

look at [URL=http://e--store.com/]outlet gucci[/URL] for gift hzVoyQqo [URL=http://e--store.com/ ] http://e--store.com/ [/URL]

Alexis Moreno said...

www.spiritlessons.com